NGO education in emergency situations
Our main purpose is to promote access to education for all children and adolescents living in emergency and humanitarian crises.
In crisis contexts it is common to think that education is not a priority. However, education is fundamental to improving the health, safety and well-being of children and families, improving their present and providing opportunities for the future.
We are a young organization with a clear vocation for working together with local communities in the design and development of educational programs, which are implemented by local teachers, and are characterized by being culturally and contextually sensitive, as well as permanence and sustainability.
Our current project
The EWS team is involved in the design of an educational project on the southern border of Mexico. Thousands of families are leaving their countries to reach the U.S., finding it necessary to cross Mexico to reach their destination. Among all the people in transit there are more than 10,000 children unaccompanied by an adult. This mass transit situation causes many of them to remain for weeks or months in the same place.
During this time, most of them do not have access to any kind of education. At EveryWhere Schools we want to provide pedagogical spaces where they can learn and have fun, thus avoiding situations of marginalization and violence. Through different didactic activities, art, sports and emotional and psychosocial education, we want them to simply be children during the time they participate in our projects at such a difficult time in their lives.
CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN. WE COUNT ON YOU!
We need your help to continue managing “Escuela Sin Fronteras”. With a donation of only 20 euros, you cover the schooling of one of the children.
EDUCATION IN TIMES OF COVID-19
Article on the value of education in crisis contexts. Our colleague Patricia Vinyamata tells us how education is much more than a classroom, a book or a blackboard.
WHAT IF WE GIVE SOLIDARITY AS A GIFT?
In this article we offer you an alternative to traditional consumerism through the Giving Tuesday initiative, which invites responsible consumption and participation in charitable causes.
Become a member
Thanks to you we will be able to work to provide education where it is most needed. We invest more than 80% of the funds raised in educational projects in the field and use the remaining 20% to create an emergency fund – which will allow us to act quickly in case of an emergency – and to cover the organization’s operating expenses.
You choose the amount and frequency of the installment. It all adds up! If you believe in education as an engine of change and want to contribute to a young and committed organization, become a member and be part of this beautiful project.
WHY COLLABORATE WITH EWS?
We defend the right to education
It is a human right and a priority Sustainable Development Goal of the United Nations 2030 Agenda. However, only 2% of international cooperation funds are allocated to education.
We have a community vision
Our approach to work is community-based. We integrate citizen agents and movements to respond to their needs and strengthen development, sustainability and local autonomy.
Millions of children do not receive an education
We have an interdisciplinary team
Fostering resilience in children
Your contribution will be well spent
How can I help?
Can I organize events at my location?
Yes, we encourage you to hold solidarity awareness and/or funding events in your locality. Please contact us for further information and support: email@example.com
What kind of volunteering can I do?
What is EWS currently working on?
Where can I find EWS's reports and financial data?
Send us a message
Do you have something to tell us? Please contact us using the following form.